New babies being so fragile are not immune to many diseases as they have just arrived in this bacterial world. Born babies definitely come with the “handle-with-care” tag. So taking care of this little human must be challenge for many parents specially the new ones. There are baby products to counter number of challenges related to babies issues, like anti colic baby bottles for those babies who are colic or transition of breastfed-babies to bottles are now much easier with variety of availability of feeder bottles. Yes its hard to protect baby from everything out there, but you can at-least take measures to counter such germs entering in your babies tummy through milk. The most common source of babies getting infected is through feeding. Therefore, one must take all possible measures to protect their babies and for this sterilizing the baby bottles and feeding items is one of the most important factor.
It is recommended to sterilize baby bottles and other feeding items until your baby is 12 months or older. In this blog you will come across many sterilizers for baby bottles that can help you kill 99% of germs.
As soon as your baby is done with the feed you must properly wash bottles using brush, once it is cleaned rinse it properly with water and let it dry. Such cleaning ensure that all traces of milk are removed and bottles are very much clean now but it doesn’t provide surety that bottles are germ free, therefore sterilization is recommended after it.
This is the process of killing germs by heating or steaming the bottles, for this you may have few options, such as
- Sterilize through placing bottles in boiling water
- Use electric steam sterilizer
- Microwave sterilizers
The first option is very much easier and affordable but at times your costly feeding items get effected by direct heating process so parents are now shifting themselves towards using of sterilizers which might be bit costly but definitely easier to handle with no apparent damage to the feeding items.
Our few top picks for sterilizers are mentioned below.
Papablic Steam Sterilizer and Dryer
- It has large capacity of up to 11 bottles and accessories.
- It has 3 compartments, providing you different spaces to keep the items according to their sizes.
- it also provides a storage area to keep the sterilized items safe by simply keeping the lid on for about 12 hours.
Philips Avent Electric Steam Sterilizer
Available in 3 different variants:
- 4-in-1 electric steam sterilizer
- 3-in-1 electric steam sterilizer
- 2-in-1 electric steam sterilizer
The sterilizer uses natural steam to sterilize baby bottles and other products, killing 99.9% of harmful germs without using chemicals. Perfect for giving you peace of mind that all your baby bottles and other products are sterile.
The sterilizer will keep its contents – baby bottles, breast pumps etc – sterile for up to 24 hours if the lid is unopened.
Tommee Tippee Steam Sterilizer
- Available in 2 different variants: Electric steam sterilizer & Microwave sterilizer
- Sterilize 5 bottles in 5 minutes.
- Chemical-free steam sterilizing kills 99.9% of harmful bacteria.
- Baby bottles stay sterile for 24 hours if the lid remains closed.
- Sleek, space-saving design perfect for every kitchen.
- Compatible with Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature and Advanced Anti-Colic bottles, as well as most major brand feeding bottles
Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags
- They are quick, easy and affordable.
- Each bag can be used 20 times.
- They are simply easier to carry.
No matter what sterilizer you use the important thing is to disinfect your baby’s products keeping their safety at your first priority.