Now that you are finally expecting a new member in your family, it’s good to prepare before THE TIME. There are some items that you will be needing before the birth of your child or soon after the birth. So, it’s better to buy those to avoid last minute panic and to be honest during the last days or after the birth you won’t be in that position to rush to the shopping centers considering your own physical condition and the tough time that your newbie will be giving to you.
According to my experience, I will be sharing some tips with you that will make your job as parent a whole lot easier.
- Make a list of all items. (Please read till the end of this blog)
- Buy clothes that are easy-on and easy-off.
- Resist your urge to buy everything that you find CUTE
- Research is mandatory. You will find each and every item in so many brands. To avoid confusion, first check the reviews and buy from those brands only which satisfies your need and your budget.
- You will be receiving some gifts also so don’t just buy everything.
- Every brand that you are thinking to shop from must have their accounts on social media. Follow their pages and be updated about their sale.
- Don’t buy too many clothes in the newborn size. Your baby’s size will be changing in the glimpse of an eye. Shop time to time for this.
- Try to complete your shopping buy the end of 8th month because from 9th month you never that when will you be rushing to the hospital.
To help you with the list I have categorized the items. Some newborn baby shopping list items are must haves that you can’t ignore and some are should haves that might be useful for some parents or for some they are not.
- Pack of Bodysuits / Rompers
- Sleep suits
- Baby hangers for the closet
- Shirt & Trousers
- Coat or Snowsuit (all in one outer garment for cold weather)
- Special outfit to bring him/her home for the first time
- Feeder cleaning brush/ Dishwasher basket
- Insulated thermos for outgoing
- Burp clothes
- Dispenser for outgoing
- Bottle drying rack
- Nursing bras
- Cotton bibs
- Burp clothes
- Feeding pillows
- Breast pump
- Breast milk storage bags or containers
- Several bottles and nipples if someone else will be feeding baby pumped breast milk
- Breast pads
- Nipple cream
- Baby Wipes
- Trash bin (For used diapers)
- Rash cream
- Rocking chair
- Flies and mosquito repellant net
- Changing table
- Drawers/ cupboard
- Baby monitors
- Head-To-Toe Wash and Shampoo
- Bath seat
- Hooded towels
- Baby comb and brush set
- Nail scissors / Nail clippers
- Cotton swabs / balls
- Bath toys
- Faucet guard
- Shower caps
- Car seat
- Diaper bag filled with the basic necessities that you will be needing depending upon the time in which you are outside
- Sling or baby carrying belt
- Infant head rest for the car seat
Health & Safety
- Nasal aspirators
- Digital thermometers
- Petroleum jelly
- Safety child lock
- Soft table desk corner